In today's blog post I am going to be talking about a topic which I think is very personal and close to home for a lot of people, and that's learning to love yourself.
In today's society we compare ourselves to people we don't even know, we feel the need to be a certain shape, size, and height, change ourselves to fit in and try and do everything we can not to fit into the body we were born with. We all get insecure because we are brought up with these idealisations that we should look like this "perfect" human being that doesn't necessarily exist. Everybody has different likes and dislikes, so how do we know what this "perfect" body, face, life, and perspective of a person is?
Due to our growing technology and vast rate of internet users, most of us are members of social media whether that's twitter, facebook, instagram tumblr, youtube, a blog. Whatever it is we are all a community of some sort of social media. This seems to have a huge influence to how we view ourselves and how we are as a member of society. We spend a huge part of our days to day life scrolling our fingertips across the internet and social media accounts. While we do this we are analysising people, viewing them in certain ways, categorising people who are "very popular" because they get many comments, likes and followers, We seem to view these people as better than ourselves, but why? Just because we see them as "beautiful" "skinny" "perfect" "gorgeous" doesn't mean they view themselves in that way. Its so hard learning to realise we all want to change ourselves yet we are all born as individuals to be different, else the world would be boring and we would all have the same aspects of life, lifestyles and choices.
In life, as a society we need to realise that there can always be somebody that you see is "better than you" in one way or another, its learning how to remember yes that is nice about them, but this is nice about me. We could all sit and compare ourselves twenty four hours of everyday because we are all different from one another. For example you could loose all the weight in the world, and you still wouldn't be a hundred percent happy with yourself. But that's why we are who we are, nobody's the same person and that's something we should love, not hide away from. I know that it is so much easier said than done, because we get judged, bullied and labeled. Trust me, I've been there. But, after a while you have to try and accept yourself because you are beautiful, and who cares if somebody doesn't like you, yes at first you may get emotional and take offence but why waste your time over somebody who hasn't taken the time to realise how lovely you are? Somebody out there will love you for your strength, personality, confidence and most importantly, for you. People aren't worth wasting time over if they don't take the time to realise how lovely you are as a person if they just judge at first sight.
Whenever I get worked up about not having a certain body shape, hairstyle, wanting something somebody else has that I don't, or not having naturally pretty face, I try to give myself a reality check. We are all just humans all living in a world that is adapting everyday with new people, new faces, new ideas, new fashion, new everything. We are made to evolve and be individuals not all identical. I'm not saying we can't aspire to look like somebody or have idols, but remember that you are you, and that's pretty amazing.
I believe and I know, everybody is beautiful in they're own way. Just because other people notice other peoples beauty more than yours doesn't mean you aren't. It's hard seeing somebody always getting compliments and looks but, what about they're personality, what about all the make up they are wearing, or they're lifestyle, intelligence, confidence, personality. There are many factors that make up a person. These factors can sometimes let a 'beautiful' person not be as perfect as you have seen them to be in a photo, or in your mind. I believe its what comes from the heart that shines through to the world and that's what real beauty is about.
In the end we all have imperfections, flaws and dislikes about ourselves. We need to work with them, they are part of us and we shouldn't be ashamed of them. Flaunt them, be confident about yourself, Because in the end we will only waste time hating ourselves when really, there's people out there that would kill to look like you, and they see your true beauty. Wear what you want, do what you want, live how you want, don't let other people stray you from something you love and want. Please start loving yourselves a little more each day, you are all worth it!
I hoped this blog post helped some of you, even if it helped just one person that is enough for me! I love you all so much and I am here if anybody needs any help with they're self worth, or loving themselves you can find me on twitter or in the comments! Please comment and share this post!
BlurOfBeauty.

No comments:
Post a Comment